Monday, January 27, 2014

Leadership for me is hard to define because I think there are many things that make up having leadership. I think the biggest is thing you to have is be willing to take action, whether it be big or small. I believe the actions we take towards one another ultimately define our leadership.

Going to the SLI was a great experience. It was completely different than what I had originally thought. Before going I thought it was going to be similar to a lecture class about all multiple ways you can be a leader within the community. But it wasn’t like that all. I was given the option to choose what leadership workshops I wanted to attend, which helped tailor the experience to me.

What I took away from the SLI was the concept that leadership isn’t only about the great and out of the ordinary things we do for others, but rather it is the little things we do that make us a leader. I found it to be really powerful because it encourages people to value their actions and realize they are making a difference although they might not realize. This is something that I can apply to the relationship I develop with my mentee. http://www.ted.com/talks/drew_dudley_everyday_leadership.html

From the STARS LEAD experience I hope to build a meaningful relationship with my mentee.  I would like for my mentee to see me as someone who supports them and encourages them to do their best in school and outside of school. Through STARS LEAD I hope to better develop my leadership skills through my peers and mentee, which then I can later use in other experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment