At some point in my life I think I
have heard of all these privileges men had in some form or another. They are so
simple, but when thinking about it in a woman’s view it makes such a difference
on how people view you as a woman. I think it’s that privileges exist based on
one’s sex. If there are going to be privileges it should be based on something
equally fair for all, which is pretty difficult. So instead everyone should
have the same privileges without the stereotypes and discrimination tagged
along with it.
The one
privilege I envy that men have from this list is the one about how men can go
to a dealership or mechanic can assume they will not get taken advantage of. I
personally always go with my older brother or dad when I go get the oil changed
on my car because I think they will try to rip me off because they will assume
I am a girl and don’t know anything about cars. I don’t know about cars, but
that doesn’t mean that just because of my sex I should be taken advantage of
financially. Instead of brother or dad taking my car themselves, I go because I want to
learn how be in a situation like that by myself.
It’s so sad
to see students criminalized for being undocumented. It just sucks so much that
this country of opportunity would do something to people who have contributed
to society. If they arrived at a young age and grew up over here, they’re
pretty much American; it’s just that they weren’t born here. These are smart
people who deserve the chance to advance in the United States if they so
choose. It shouldn’t be robed from them. It’s like robing a child from his/hers
innocence.
I admire
the bravery these young people have and the passion they have for their cause.
I was reading the comments to the video and I just couldn’t understand how
people could be so insensitive and cruel after hearing such emotional
testimonies. They’re “reasons” were invalid and just plain out ignorant. I
don’t understand what makes an American citizen so much more worthy of whatever
the United States offers, instead of someone who is not a citizen but has grown
up their whole life here and contributed to the economy. What is this big
difference??
No comments:
Post a Comment