Of the posts I read the one that stuck out the most to me was the one about the woman who did not get a job position because she was planning on getting married. I’m pretty sure that question falls under the list of questions future employers cant ask because it is illegal. And most important does not pertain to the ability of the future employee being able to do their job. It was sad that she was a victim of it. I think there is many people who aren’t aware of the questions employers cant ask. There should be a way to better inform people of these questions because ultimately impact their way of life.
In regards to the post about how a female law school graduate was given the “wise” advice of dumbing her self down and losing weight was baffling. Mainly because the advice came from her mother. I would expect a mother to be extremely happy that her daughter was so ambiguous to pursue law school. Instead of instilling confidence in her daughter and telling her to be as ambiguous in her love life, she brings her down. As if she is the problem.
How can people make a joke out of a traumatic experience someone has gone through? Especially, something as traumatic as rape. I don’t think people would have been laughing had they talking about the Holocaust. Nonetheless, been making a joke about it. It gets me angry the thought that people can be so careless/heartless. It gets me angry because even though, in my opinion, the right to do is not laugh about a situation like this, it’s ultimately the person’s choice.
The “18 Chances You Will Not Regret Taking in Life” seem simple and I heard about them in some form or another. And although they seem so simple, they are really difficult to practice. I know this because I have tried some. What kept me away was simply fear- fear of the uncertainty. But they are worth knowing about.

No comments:
Post a Comment